Bonnie Steinsnyder

Save The Earth

Artists respond to the climate crisis



Bonnie Steinsnyder

Up the Ladder, Looking Down, watercolor, 9”x12”, 2020, $1300

Escalator Orchids, watercolor, 20”x13”, 2019, $1500.

Ruffles around the Edges, watercolor, 12”x16”, 2018, $l400.

    "My orchid watercolors provide a place of refuge from the stress of the political, social, pandemic mess of 2020.  The green space is comforting for me, maybe because I grew up in south Florida surrounded by lush vegetation.  I can play in the paint there, experimenting with different types of abstracted representation and paint technique (such as salt technique on the petals in “Ruffles").  The orchids are my people; they look around their space and have a relationship to each other.  I am inspired by the beauty of the flowers, translated through paint to an expression of my psyche."


Bonnie Steinsnyder

Comments