Ann Shapiro

Save The Earth

Artists respond to the climate crisis



Ann Shapiro


NEW HAMPSHIRE WARMING, digital on canvas  24" x 18", 2020




PUERTO RICO:” WE DON’T KNOW WHAT TO HOPE FORdigital on canvas, 24" x 18", 2017

    "At heart, I am a landscape artist.  And, that has made me a climate change artist.   Initially focusing on sea level rise, it quickly became obvious that such concerns as changing weather patterns, rising temperatures, increasing ferocity and frequency of hurricanes and other weather patterns are altering our landscape.  

    NEW HAMPSHIRE WARMING emphasizes rising temperatures and PUERTO RICO:” WE DON’T KNOW WHAT TO HOPE FOR”, the catastrophic impact of hurricanes.  New Hampshire is my home State and when I first started to read about climate change, I thought well, NH only has a small coastline (18 miles) and it should not be seriously affected. However, not only are seas rising on its low-lying coastline, rising temperatures place NH to have temperatures more like South Carolina by the end of the century.

    Puerto Rico is the home country of very dear friends; a place I have been fortunate to visit.  Not only have I seen the ocean rise with the consequent less and, but the wrath of hurricanes is growing more and more severe."


Ann Shapiro
                   https://ceresgallery.org/?page_id=1109

Comments