Alli Berman

Save The Earth

Artists respond to the climate crisis


Alli Berman


All Week Long


    "I adore Earth and always felt a need to take care of it. Starting a Recycling Center at my high school the same year Earth Day began in 1970, people called me crazy. “Why recycle old newspapers, Alli!?!” That center was active for 30 years! Protecting the Earth is our responsibility and the best legacy we can leave to future generations. The Covid 2+ month lockdown helped clean our skies and water: 17% less pollution worldwide! In that short time, there was a measurable temporary difference for the better! My 7-piece installation (one for each day of the week) reflects my daily love and hope for the future.
 
Berman’s layered acrylics have a transparent watercolor quality. Her work is a fusion of Indonesian shadow puppetry, batik, and stained-glass sanctuary windows. It is a celebration of life in spite of all obstacles. “It fascinates me to see the fusion of forms in my work. The way I examine color and composition has been greatly affected by all my years in Bali and recently, Grand Cayman. The intensity of the tropical sun, the exciting musical rhythms, and daily cultural similarities and differences I encounter set up epiphanies which infuse my work."


Alli Berman


Comments